Water is the basic element for us to live. We cannot imagine our lives without water. Right from food to personal cleanliness, water plays a significant role, which is why it is considered as the elixir. We drink pure water whenever we feel thirsty but guess what, by the time you experience the sensation of thirst, you are already dehydrated. That feeling of thirst is your body calling for hydration. Traditionally we have been taught that our body heals by itself. However in order for the body to recoup itself, it needs water. Besides this, for general functioning of the vital organs, consumption of pure drinking water is crucial.
Water makes up more than two thirds of human body weight, and without water, we would die in few days. The human brain is made up of 95% water, while it is 82% in blood and 90% in lungs. Even if there is a drop of 2% of the water retention in the body, we would feel dehydrated. Dehydration will eventually lead to fuzzy short-term memory, difficulty in focusing on smaller print, such as a computer screen. Mild dehydration is also one of the most common causes of daytime tiredness. Water is important to the mechanics of the human body. The body cannot work without it, just as a bike cannot run without petrol. In fact, all the cell and organ functions that make up our entire anatomy and physiology depend on water for their functioning.
National Center For Biotechnology Information has suggested that staying hydrated can reduce risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50% and possibly reduce breast cancer as well. Besides there are several other factors that clearly shows us how drinking pure water can save our lives in more than one way.
- Drink water regularly. If you don’t drink water, you will die, it’s that important. We can only live only few days without water depending on our environment. We can live much longer without food but it’s difficult to live without water. We have to prioritise the water consumption far more than we currently d
- Dehydration can affect your mood and make you feel confused and irritated. So think clear and be happy by drinking more water daily.
- Our digestive system needs water to function properly. Our waste is flushed out in the form of urine and sweat. If we don’t drink water, we don’t flush out wastes and so it gets collected in our body causing problems.
- Water regulates body temperature. Water can trap heat to maintain body temperatures in a hot or cold environment. When the outside temperature is higher than the body temperature, it helps cool the body through perspiration that evaporates on the skin, regulating body temperature. Likewise in cold environment, the skin maintains proper body temperature by shunting the blood away from the exterior surface thereby conserving heat within the body.
- Water promotes strong bone formation and it helps prevent osteoporosis, a medical condition which causes bones to weaken from loss of tissue.
- If you consume a good amount of water, Oxygen levels in the blood gets increased. A well hydrated body is able to perform better with higher levels of oxygen, with increased energy.
- The skin is the largest organ in our body and the regular consumption of water can improve the colour and texture of your skin. It is because by drinking good amount of water, helps in building new cells properly. Drinking water also helps the skin do its job of regulating the body’s temperature through sweating.
If you want to be reminded about the importance of water, bookmark the stunning creative from Visually. This will help you remind yourself how important water is!