It is indeed true that there are several water purifiers available in the market. A buyer is sure to go through a brief period of ‘confusion’ considering there are so many options available in the market right from RO Water Purifier to UV Purifiers. One of the best and safest ways to purify your drinking water is to use the Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier, aka RO Water Purifier. This blog is a compilation of the advantages of RO purifier over other water purifiers and we are quite sure that this help you take an easy decision to buy the best water purifier for your home.
Reverse osmosis, commonly abbreviated as RO, was first introduced in North America through home purification systems in the 1970s. This purification method uses a semi permeable membrane, which filters out water contaminants and various compounds. If the particle is larger in size than water molecules, it’s trapped by the membrane. Conversely, particles smaller than water molecules typically remain in the drinking water, so RO systems effectively remove harmful contaminants such as lead, arsenic, and nitrates. They also remove a high percentage of added fluoride, which has become a controversial issue.
The bacteria and other microbes present in tap water multiply in our intestine and lead to health problems such as fatigue, bloating, excessive gas, diarrhea, weight loss, loss of appetite and gastrointestinal diseases. RO water purifier makes sure to eliminate all such harmful pathogens and bacteria from the drinking water. With the removal of lead, mercury, chlorine, asbestos and other 2100 well-known toxins, RO system significantly reduce the risk of illness and diseases. The RO system is best for areas having hard water and the best part about RO system is that all the pollutants are not collected but directly flushed down the drain.
- The RO treated water is not only pure but also great in taste and smell. This is because the RO system removes about 98% of chemicals from the tap water. So you do not have to bear with the taste and smell of chlorine anymore. According to the National Rural Water Association. Lead, iron, nitrates, sulphur-based compounds and various chemical residues often make tap water unpalatable. The removal of these substances by reverse osmosis can give drinking water a cleaner or fresher taste.
- The water that you get from RO system hydrates your body at a faster pace.
- One of the major advantages of RO water purifier is that they do not use any chemicals such as chlorine or iodine and do not require frequent filter changes or cleaning.
- According to Live Strong, RO purified water is safe for Cancer Patients. Cancer patients can consume reverse osmosis water during and after cancer treatment. Cancer patients, most especially during radiation or chemotherapy, have weakened immune systems. Using untreated water for cooking and drinking that contains harmful microorganisms and tiny germs can cause infection.
Also Read: Difference Between RO UV UF Water Purifier Technologies
Some of the other advantages of using an RO water purifier is given below:
1. Low Cost
A reverse osmosis system produces delicious water at an affordable cost. A user will else end up not buying bottled water, not to mention the convenience of having it available at the kitchen tap.
2. Better-Tasting Food
When it comes to cooking, many have discovered that cooking with reverse osmosis water impacts the flavour of most recipes. There’s nothing like using clean water that is free of impurities to enhance a soup or hot drink. It’s no mystery why most restaurants now use RO filtered water in their cooking.
Maintenance is very simple in RO water purifier. RO system has very few moving or replaceable parts. So RO system is easy to clean and service.
4. Compact | RO systems are compact, and space requirements are less than other desalting systems.
Go for a good RO Water Purifier for your home.